The iPhone uses a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection to connect with the Apple Watch. But a problem with either of these two may cause the Watch to be disconnected.
If your Apple Watch is not pairing with the iPhone, then you can go through the section hereunder to get your wearable paired in no time.
Probable Reasons Why the Apple Watch won’t Watch
There are some other factors that may trigger this problem. They are:
- Software Problems: This is something that might be the cause if you can’t pair an Apple Watch. Software problems cover software updates, incompatible apps, and other such issues.
- Hardware Problems: If you have dropped the Apple Watch accidentally, then it can cause hardware damage to the device. Since it is a delicate device, you need to handle it with care.
- Problems with iPhone: It also happens that you are facing this problem due to the problems with the iPhone.
Thus, you just need effective hacks to solve this issue.
Fixed Apple Watch Not Pairing [4 Effective Hacks]
There are several ways to solve this issue. Here, we are going to discuss most of them. So, you can have a look at the ways described below:
Way 1: Check the Connection of the Apple Watch
The first thing you need to check whether the Apple Watch is disconnected from the device. It may happen that the mics of the Apple Watch are not connected with your iPhone.
Swipe the screen of the Apple Watch (while on the clock face screen) to check the connection status. It will bring up the control center of the Apple Watch.
But, if you have created a lot of shortcuts, then you will see the connection status in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- If you see a green icon on the status bar of the device that seems like an iPhone, then it indicates that the device is connected with the iPhone.
- A blue Wi-Fi sign indicates that the watch is connected to a wireless network. You can tap on it. It will force the watch to try to pair with the iPhone. Confirming that the iPhone is nearby.
- A red icon that seems like an iPhone indicates that the watch is not connected with the iPhone. So, make sure that the iPhone is nearby. If it’s not, then the iPhone may have problems connecting with the Apple Watch.
Way 2: Check the Settings of the Apple Watch
It is not always a hardware failure or software problem that causes this issue. The Apple Watch is not pairing with your iPhone may be caused by the misconfigured settings. So, you can have a look at the settings mentioned below:
Airplane Mode on the Apple Watch-
Airplane mode may stop all the communication that includes the ability for your wearable to pair with your iPhone.
So, slide up the screen of the watch (on the clock face screen) to open the Control Panel of the watch. Check the top of the Control Panel. If it is highlighted in orange, then it indicates that the Airplane mode is On.
Tap on it to turn it Off. Once you turn off the Airplane mode, it will connect shortly as expected.
Airplane Mode on the iPhone:
If the Airplane mode is Turn On on your iPhone, then you may also face this issue. Swipe up the display from its very bottom (where the bezel meets the edge) to open the Control Panel of the iPhone.
The option for the Airplane mode is located at the upper-right corner of the display. If you see it is highlighted with the orange color, then it is activated. Tap on it to turn it Off.
Bluetooth is an essential communication mode to pair an Apple Watch and iPhone. So, check the Bluetooth settings from the Control Panel of the iPhone.
You will find the Bluetooth option at the lower right corner of the screen. If it is Off, you will see it is highlighted in white. Turn it On by clicking on it.
After doing this, if you see that the problem is still not resolved, you can perform the other solutions stated below.
Way 3: Reboot the iPhone and Apple Watch
After checking the settings, you need to reboot both the Apple Watch and iPhone to solve this issue.
How to Reboot the iPhone?
At first, press the Wake/Sleep button and hold it for a few seconds until the ‘slide to power off’ option appears on the screen of the device.
Or if you prefer, you can also open the Settings application. Then, navigate to the General tab and go to the bottom of the screen. Tap on the ‘Shut Down’ option.
Now, slide the button to the right to Power Off the device. Once you turn off the device, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button once again. After a few seconds, the Apple logo will appear on the display.
Once you complete the booting up process, check if the Apple Watch is now paired.
How to Reboot the Apple Watch?
- In the beginning, press the button of your wearable and hold it for a few minutes.
- Slide the Power Off button to the right to turn off the device.
- After the screen is dark for a few seconds, press the button once again to turn it On.
The Apple logo will be displayed on the screen immediately. If it’s not, then wait for a few more times and press the button again.
Rebooting can solve issues when the Apple Watch won’t pair. After doing this, if you still face the same issue, then move on to the other ways described below.
Way 4: Clear the Network Settings of the iPhone
The iPhone saves data regarding all the connecting networks to ensure secure and stable connectivity. So, it may happen that the data is corrupted and preventing the iPhone from pairing with the Apple Watch.
You can solve this by resettings the data. That means you have to log in to the wireless network once again. So, make sure that you have the necessary password.
- First of all, open the Settings app of the device.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Next, go to the bottom of the page and click on the Reset button from the General Settings section.
- After that, click on the ‘Reset Network Settings’ option from the next page.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the password for verification purposes.
After doing this, you can restart the system to apply the changes. Now, you can check if the issue is resolved.
Still not Paired? Steps to Follow…
After performing all the above steps, if you are still unable to pair the Apple Watch with the iPhone, then you can reset both the devices. To do this, you can follow the steps provided below:
How to Reset the Apple Watch?
To reset the Apple Watch, first, open the Settings application and then tap on the General tab. Tap on the Reset button and choose the ‘Erase All Content and Settings’ option.
How to Reset the iPhone?
In the beginning, open the Apple Watch application and tap on the ‘My Watch’ tab from the bottom of the page. Choose the watch you are using from the top of the screen.
Tap on the information button near to the watch. You will find this as a button with a small ‘i’ and a circle around it. Tap on the ‘Unpair Apple Watch’ option and tap on it again to confirm the action.
Hopefully, after performing the above ways in their corresponding order, you will be able to pair the Apple Watch with your iPhone.