Every iPhone, iPod, and iPad users have an Apple ID and a password by which they can log in to the various Apple services such as Apple Music, iTunes, App Store iCloud and etc. Whenever you open any Apple services, you have to provide the ID and password otherwise you can’t enjoy the services.
Hence, users should remember the Apple ID and the password. But in case if you forgot the credentials then there is nothing to get worried about. There are many ways by which users can reset a forgotten Apple ID password.
Using multiple ways you can reset the password and ID. So do follow the solutions that are stated below and get rid of the problem on your own.
Reset the Forgotten Apple ID Password using Apple ID Account Page
This is the primary method by which you can easily recover the Apple ID and password.
The very first thing you have to do is to open a web browser and click on the Address bar. Here, type “appleid.apple.com” and press down the Enter button on your keyboard. After that, move to choose the “Forgot Apple ID” option from the middle of the page and click on it.
If you have already selected the Remember Me option previously then you might not need to give a password again.
Now, you might be redirected to the next page where you have to provide the Apple ID. then, move to the next page and enter your name here. If prompted then provide the email ID that is linked with your Apple account.
After giving all the correct credentials click on Continue option and move to choose the “I need to reset my password” tab.
In case you already set up two-step authentication for your account then you might be asked to give a phone number and verify it.
Now, it’s time to select the password you want to reset. Also, you are asked to give a phone number or email through which you want to answer the security questions.
You will now see a list of instructions will display on the screen. You have to read them all carefully. Provide a rescue mail as well. If your accounts get hacked by hacker then rescue mail will help you to get your account back.
After providing an alternative mail you will receive a verification code in the previous email ID. if asked then give the verification code and click on OK. to keep your account more secure you can add your personal information such as your date of birth, your nickname, your favorite color, etc.
You may also like: How Fix MacOS Installation Couldnt Completed?
What to Do if you Skip the Answers of the Security Questions?
Answering the security question is one of the easiest ways to reset your ID and password. But in case you mistakenly skip answering the security questions then take a look at the section below and know the processes.
- The first and foremost thing you have to do is to open a web browser and click on the Address bar.
- Now, type “iforgot.apple.com” and press the Enter button. Also, provide your Apple ID in the respective field.
- After that, navigate to the “I need to reset my security questions” and tap on the Continue option.
- On the next page, you have to enter a new password and again tap on the Continue icon.
- Click on the drop-down box and you need to answer three security questions from the page. Give the correct answers without making any mistakes.
Using Two-Factor Authentication? Follow the Steps
In case you have already set up and turned on the two-factor authentication for resetting the password the do the following. By this process, you will be able to reset the credentials from a trusted, iPod, iPhone or Apple ID account page.
But before proceeding with the step you need to be sure that you are using a trusted device or not. If not then skip this method and move to the next one.
First of all, you need to navigate to the Settings and click on it. After that, tap on Your Name and choose the Password & Security section from here. Now, move to the next page and tap on Change Password that is located at the top of the display.
Using the iOS Device:
Now, you might be asked to give a passcode. Enter the correct passcode and then click on the Create New Password and provide a new password. Create a password using a combination of letters and numbers.
But we advise you to ignore using any special character while creating the new password. Once you have done the above processes, click on done and you have successfully reset the password of your account.
Using Apple ID Account Page:
At first, navigate to the iforgot.apple.com and provide an active phone number that you have already submitted at the time of two-factor authentication. After that, tap on the Continue icon. You will receive a notification on the given number.
After receiving a notification on your iOS device then tap on Allow and go through the steps that are showing on the display. If required then enter a passcode and reset your password from here. Remember that, if you still do not have access to a trusted device or unable to change the password then move to the next step.
Reset Password Using Account Recovery
In case the above methods are not enough for you to reset your ID and password then using Account recovery can resolve your doubt.
- If you are trying to reset your account using iForgot or iOS then first, tap on the Request Account Recovery icon.
- After that, provide a number where you can receive a verification code and you need to verify the information.
- Now, you will receive a text or call from Apple. Move to iforgot.apple.com and provide Apple ID and password in the respective fields.
- In the meantime, you will receive an Account Recovery code through a call or text.
- After providing all the credentials tap on the Continue option and you will be redirected a page where you have to create a new password.
- At last, log in your account using the new password and check if you have successfully changed the password or not.
Must Check: How To Fix Mac Unexpected Error Code 8076?
We expect that the above solutions are enough for you to recover the forgotten Apple ID password from your device.
Just go through all the methods carefully and check which one is most reliable for you. But in case if you find any difficulties then get in touch with the experts and avail more advanced solutions from them.