Do you want to switch to the iPhone from Android? The first thing that you may wish is to transfer all the contacts from your Android device to the iPhone.
Want to know how to transfer contacts from android to iPhone? Thoroughly follow the passage to the end.
Well, through Google Contact Services, you can easily complete the task. However, there are several other ways as well that you will get to know in this guide.
Ways to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone
Take a look at the methods explained below and quickly transfer all the contacts from your Android device to the iPhone.
Method 1: Sync your Android Contacts to the iPhone using the Google Contacts Service
If you own a Google account, using the G-cloud, you may restore the entire address book to the iPhone. For that, you don’t have to purchase or download any other software or application.
Simply, move to the Settings section of your iPhone. Under Settings, scroll down and tap on the Mail Contacts option.
Select the Add account option. Next, tap on the Add CardDav Account option and enter the Google email address and password. Hit the Next key.
The syncing process will start immediately. When finished, all the Android contacts will be saved on the Contacts application on your iPhone.
Method 2: Transfer the Contacts via the Move to iOS App
Keep in mind that the Move to iOS application only works on a new iDevice. So, you can apply the method only if you are setting up the iPhone as a new device.
However, if you have already set up the iPhone, you have to remove all the contacts from the Contacts App.
To do so, first, go to the Settings app on your iPhone. After that, tap on General. Select the Reset option. On the next page, tap on the Erase All Contents and Settings option.
Once done, follow these steps.
- If you are setting up the iPhone for the first time, after completing a few setup steps, you will enter to the Apps & Data screen. From there, choose the Move Data from the Android option. This will create a code.
- Power on the Android device and after that, download and install the Move to iOS app from the Google Play Store.
- Now, open the app on the Android device, click on yes and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Tap on Next and enter the generated code on the Find Your Code screen. Wait, until the Transfer Data screen shows on the display.
- Then, select the contacts that you want to transfer to the iPhone. Wait for a while as depending on the number of contacts the transfer may take some time to complete.
Method 3: Transfer Manually via a VCF File
You can also manually transfer the contacts to the iPhone. For that, you have to use a VCF file.
- First, turn on your Android device and switch to the Contacts app.
- Then, hit the three dots menu and choose the Import/Export button. From there, navigate to the Export to Storage section. A VCF file will be created and automatically saved on the phone.
- Now, send the VCF file on your iPhone via email.
- Next, you should open the file on your iOS device. Thereafter, you will see the ‘Add all contacts’ button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining task. The contacts will be successfully transferred to the iPhone.
Method 4: Use the SIM Card
By using the smartphone’s nano-SIM card, you can quickly transfer the contacts from your phone to the iPhone. To do so, first, proceed to the phone’s contact app. Depending on the model, the procedure can be slightly different.
For example, on some Android devices, first, open Settings. Then, tap on the Import/Export option. Next, select the Export to SIM card option.
Else, tap on the Manage Contacts button. Now, select the Import/Export contacts button. Choose Export. Tap on the SIM card button.
Once you have inserted the Android phone’s SIM card within the iPhone, turn on the iPhone. Afterward, open the Settings app. Then, select the Contacts button. Tap on Import SIM Contacts on the next window.
The transfer will begin immediately. Wait for some time and when finished, the contacts will be saved in the Contacts apps on iPhone.